21 March 2007

Muscle Cramp

After along and arduous week slaving away behind a badly designed desk, I ventured in the city centre for the third Saturday in a row to purchase muscle pain relief creams and chocolate bars to rub into my tired arms and sell to friends, respectively of course.

The bus journey was surprisingly exhilarating. I must be getting too used to staring at a blank piece of paper, wondering how to start the next coursework task: anything seems exciting these days. Speaking of coursework, I scooped full marks on the first draft of my Business Studies. Jingo currently trails me by 7 marks. How I wish it was out of eight.

Tomorrow we have yet another pointless trip to the Jaguar factory at Halewood. This time it is for the everlasting benefit of the appreciative Business Studies students. We are having a talk on finance. It is sure to be exceedingly boring. If nothing else it just another way for the school to get their dirty hands on our hard begged cash. £5 just for 'the cost of transportation'. I'm not sure how much it costs to hire a 60 seater coach for three hours, but 60 students x £5 gives you £300 quid straight up. It is entirely possible for all of us to get the 80A bus down to the Speke/Halewood area for 70p a go. Despite having to stop at every bus stop in the whole of South Liverpool, I'm sure it would still be quicker. You know what these coach drivers are like. I once went somewhere with my primary school and instead of going through the Mersey tunnels under the river, he instead went the long way round (an extra 1 hour/30 miles) across Runcorn bridge. For those non-scousers out there: he was a dick OK. All that effort just to save the £1.35 toll fare. Groan. The system bites.

Enough of my pre-complaining. It hasn't actually happened yet. The day could run as smoothly as a cloud on an oil slick.
Check back later this week for a full report on the inner workings and financial accounts of the Jaguar factory.

In other news, my lemons haven't germinated yet. Damn. My life will be so much more vibrant when those lemons germinate. Now for the weather...

4 comments:

Jingo said...

The jaguar factory should provide an interesting post...

You went into town for the sole perpose of pain relief cream and chocolate bars? And you wonder why we call you sad...

ldbug said...

Lemons? interesting, truely

looking forward to the report on the trip...

Gaz said...

Hey,if you see our kid at jaguar (fords)tell him i've done his discs.lol.

Torquer said...

I'd like to see your profit margins Jingo.

Idbug: I once grew some lemons with my dad when I was about 8. They have recently shrivelled up and so I thought I'd start again.

Gazza: Oh yeah, that particular guy who I know that you're talking about. I'll tell him sure...