06 May 2007

56%

Additional Maths mock-exam results came back today. Boy was that a shocker. It was rather strange though. The test was tough and I knew I hadn't done that well in it. So why was I so disappointed with 56%? It only just gets me a Grade C exactly.

It wasn't as though I was expecting anything higher. Indeed, the entire class broke down in laughter when the new teacher told us at the start of the year that he only got a Grade C in his Additional Maths course. But after completing this solid little piece of shit last Wednesday, I was bloody glad to still get a pass.

That, I'm afraid to reveal, is more than can be said for my good friend Jingo. Seemingly the Maths boffin of the past few years, he managed to get the highest grade in the school in the 3rd year exams. In the Maths GCSE in fourth year he was right up their again (second in the school I think).

But this news seemed to bring him back down to earth with a rather painful BANG! As I was walking home with him out of pity (normally I get the bus with more interesting mates), he hardly said a word. We solemnly strode into Home Bargains (the best discount store in the UK) to purchase drinks and snacks (Blue Coat Redemption still pounding along) and he barely uttered a 'thanks' to the cashier. Mind you he was a rude litter brat, throwing out purchases into bags with some vigor. And then there was the bloke on the till. What a retard.

Just as we were leaving, the silence broke and out came a flurry of "I am gonna revise maths 3 hours a day", "screw everything else" and "watch me get an A in this test" and other such bold claims. Perhaps it was the caffeine in his Coca Cola that spurred this particular outburst. Or maybe he is rather slow and needs time to think about what he is going to say next.

5 comments:

violet said...

Awww. You guys are so sweet to each other.

Torquer said...

Aren't we just?

Jingo said...

What a lie. We all know I'm the popular one, and you're billy no-mates ;)

sciurine said...

silence are often more meaningful than words. It's so nice you two can count on one another for almost everything - it sounds. Chin up soldiers, there's always next time. And, 3 hours of maths a day?! u gotta be kidding!

Torquer said...

When sad little Jingo is not revising 3 hours of maths a day, he is updating his vastly-unpopular-compared-with-mine blog.